THE LANE SCHOOL
ROOM PARENT, PARTY PLANNER, & YEAR BOOK
VOLUNTEER SIGN UP FORM
The school year is about to begin! There are many ways to volunteer in your child’s
classroom and at school. Below are just a few initial roles available to parents. There will
be many more opportunities to volunteer for school related and class related
activities including monthly pizza lunch, programs, in class activities, etc.
Room Parents (2 slots per classroom):
• Recruiting volunteers for class projects, activities, and class parties
• Serving as a bridge between classroom and parent community
• Collecting monetary donations to organize teacher recognition and teacher gifts
• Serving as a resource to both class parents and teacher
• Attendance at one class party (Halloween or Winter Celebration)
• Coordinating District approved snack and sending reminders to Party Planner
Volunteers for the class parties
Party Planners (3 Party Planners per classroom party—6 slots total):
• Party Planner works as a team partner with other Party Planners to organize either
the Halloween or Winter Celebration Parties.
• Purchase, organize, decorate and plan for party games, activities, and/or crafts to be
done during the 1 hour party for either Halloween or Winter Celebration party
• Coordinate with the classroom teacher re: party scope and sequence (can we use
glue for projects? What kind of games? Etc)
• There is no budget for class parties and no reimbursement for materials or goods
Yearbook Rep (1 slot per classroom):
• Take photos of all students in the class throughout the year for compilation and
building the class page—YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DOING THE YEARBOOK PAGE
for your class. Each child must be represented in the class pages of the yearbook.
• Info will be provided re deadlines, types of photos, etc from the Yearbook Chairs
• Attending class parties and various activities during school year for photo
opportunities including recess, PE, Art Class, Assemblies, Programs, Wacky Days,
If you are interested in filling any of these positions, please fill in the
requested information and DELIVER this form to Sona Bansal at 325 N Garfield
Street (mailbox) or EMAIL it to email@example.com by 6:30 pm on August 29,
2018. Every effort is made to give opportunities as many interested parents.
Please indicate any and all volunteer roles that you are willing to embrace.
THANK YOU! Here’s to a great school year!
There are no upcoming events.